CS Professional Course Details:
The student must have cleared the CS Executive Programme, to be eligible for CS Professional Course. The students must also have completed the practical training which is compulsory for CS executive programme
CS Professional Programme Modules
There are total 8 papers which are divided in 3 Modules in CS Professional Programme as per old syllabus
|Professional Programme [8 papers]|
|· Company Secretarial Practice|
|· Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings|
|· Financial, Treasury and Forex Management|
|· Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency|
|· Strategic Management, Alliances and International Trade|
|· Advance Tax Laws and Practices|
|· Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management|
|· Governance, Business Ethics and Sustainability|
As per New syllabus
|Professional Program ( new syllabus – w.e.f. 1st September 2013 )|
|1. Advanced Company Law and Practice|
|2. Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence|
|3. Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency|
|4. Information Technology and Systems Audit|
|5. Financial, Treasury and Forex Management|
|6. Ethics, Governance and Sustainability|
|7. Advanced Tax Laws and Practice|
|8. Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings|
|9. Electives 1 out of below 5 subjects|
|9.1. Banking Law and Practice|
|9.2. Capital, Commodity and Money Market|
|9.3. Insurance Law and Practice|
|9.4. Intellectual Property Rights – Law and Practice|
|9.5. International Business-Laws and Practices|
CS Professional Registration Last Date :
Last date for Registration CS Professional Exam
The CS Professional exam is scheduled twice a year. The candidate can appear for both modules or any one module for the CS Executive examination. The registration dates to register can different in both the cases. Please find the last date for CS executive exam registration below.
|Examination||Exam Month||Last date of Registration|
|All Modules||June 2016||31st August 2015|
|All Modules||Dec 2016||28th February 2016|
|One Module||Dec 2016||31st May 2016|
|One Module||June 2017||30th November 2016|
Last date for submission of application for appearing in the examination
25th March (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 9th April)
25th September (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 10th October)
CS Professional Registration Fee Details :
|CS Professional Programme||Rs.12,000/-|
CS Professional Examination Fees – Rs. 1200/- per Module
A candidate is declared to have passed the CS Executive examination, if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.Qualifying Marks
Existing Practical experience and training requirements
The students are required to undergo the following trainings:
- 3 months practical training is required to be undergone by the student if the student completes professional program examination and exempted from undergoing at least 12 months training on the basis of Company Secretaries Regulations,1982, as amended on submitting the documents to the Institute and fulfills the requirement of Regulation 48. This training will be exempted to the students who have undergone 15 months training.
- 15 days training in a specialized agencysuch as Registrar of Companies (ROC) / Stock Exchange / Financial and Banking Institution/Management Consultancy Firm can only be commenced if the student completes SIP,EDP , 15 months training and having passed professional program examination.
- 15 days Management Skills Orientation Programme (MSOP)- after Professional Programme and on completion of Executive Development Program and 15 months training
- The students can be exempted from undergoing training totally or partially depending on the practical experience possessed by them on fulfilling the requirement of the Company Secretaries Regulations,1982, as amended, on submitting the relevant documents.
- A student after passing the Professional Programme may enroll as ‘Licentiate ICSI’ at his/her option until completion of training requirements.
Time limit for completing CS Examination
A student is required to complete the Executive and the Professional examination within the registration period. However, on payment of requisite fees the validity of registration may be renewed / extended for further period subject to fulfilling the applicable guidelines.
ICSI Oral Tuition Guidelines / PPT Guidelines
Salient features of the Oral Tuition Guidelines & PPP Guidelines: Under the revised guidelines 30 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Foundation / 35 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Executive / 40 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Professional Programme has been made mandatory
After qualifying the CS Professional Programme and on completion of training as provided under the CS Regulations, a candidate is enrolled as an Associate Member of the Institute and he can use the descriptive title “ACS” after his / her name.
Further Academic Pursuits :
- The CS course is recognised by the various Universities for admission to Ph.D Course.
- Utilisation of services of members by various professional/educational bodies for academic activities
- ICSI conducts Post Membership Qualification (PMQ) Course in Corporate Governance.
The Headquarters and Regional Offices offer placement services to the Members of the Institute:
- Names of candidates are sponsored to prospective employers on request
- Members looking for job may register online on the Institute’s Website: www.icsi.edu for availing Placement assistance.
- Vacancies received from companies are also displayed on the website www.icsi.edu
- Campus Interviews are conducted to assist members for job and students for 15 months training
Financial Assistance/ Scholarship
Prizes, Merit Scholarship and Merit-cum-Means Assistance
- The Institute awards Prizes, merit scholarships to the meritorious students
- Merit-cum-Means Assistance is granted to the economically weaker students