Company Secretary Course Details
There are 3 stages in Company Secretary Course
To become a Company Secretary, you have to complete all the 3 stages.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) – a premier National Professional body is established by Act of Parliament to develop and regulate the Profession of Company Secretaries.
The certificate of CS is awarded by ICSI.
What are Career Prospects of The Company Secretary
- An in-house legal expert; a compliance officer of the Company
- An expert in corporate laws, securities laws & capital market and corporate governance
- Chief advisor to the board of directors on best practices in corporate governance
- Responsible for all regulatory compliances of company
- Corporate planner and strategic manager
How to Become CS | Company Secretary Course Details
Stages to become a Company Secretary :
- The student who would like to join this CS Course after 10+2 has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.
- After clearing Foundation Programme, the student has to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months which a student may opt to start after passing the Executive Programme.
- The Student who would like to join the Course after passing the Graduation (Example : B.com) has to undergo two stages of the Company Secretaryship i.e.
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
Besides, the student has to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months.
Who can peruse Company Secretary Course
- Foundation Programme is of 8 months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream.
- Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.
- Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course.
Training: A Student has to undergo 15 months Management Training in Companies sponsored by the Institute after passing the Executive or Professional Programme or under the guidance of a Company Secretary in Practice.
After qualifying Professional Examination and on successful completion of training a candidate is admitted as an Associate Member of the ICSI and can use the letters ACS after his/her name i.e. Associate Company Secretary.
Admission to CS Course
Admission to the CS Course is open throughout the year. Examinations are held twice a year in June & December.